View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 02:45 PM   #26
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
I think s14 gastanks would be solid, price would be everything on this..
Currently if I were to project a ballpark "retail" price trying to cover my landed cost... about $550-600 range. Brand new genuine Nissan OE S14 fuel tank assembly. But the problem is similar to the fenders... how fast will they be produced? Will it sit in a warehouse to combine with other items on order, or ship by itself? What will LCL shipping costs look like for 1 fuel tank vs 10 vs 100?

I mean, I can buy 100 tanks and make it as cheap as possible, but then I'd sell 10 and sit on 90 more. That's a problem I have to make a decision on (and it will impact how I price it out)

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
1. What is the exact part number(s) that are included when you say gas tank? Will they come with the fuel pump hanger / lid assembly / straps / cushions / dust shield etc??
2. If these are newer/superseded part numbers, do you have any info on if they were manufactured with different materials or whatever information they provide about the revised parts?

<snip>

Another parts inquiry that I'm asking you to look into
I'm not going to look into new part numbers just yet, I will have a mechanism for that. It took about 2-3 weeks for this first list of parts to get a reply on, so I have to streamline it so that I get an accurate reply.

For the rest:

17202-15U50
17202-15U51

These are the two S14 fuel tank part numbers I inquired about. Both are good, both have similar price, but I do not see any info about these that distinguish them from each other, other than "S14 fuel tank assy".

They supercede the original part number, and are genuine Nissan part numbers, so it is exactly the same dimension/material as the OE tank (or better material, the point is any material that meets/exceeds original parts but it's genuine Nissan parts)

These are only the tanks. I don't think the tank comes with any other thing with it, so some parts you may have to swap... I am only inquiring based on part numbers, not inquiring from a parts diagram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh666 View Post
are these available through your channels, or via dealership/website?
I wasn't sure if Euro headlights were discontinued or not, I asked via my source.

Alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote