View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 03:59 PM   #46
cfinch
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
cfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond repute
Any paint store should have books for every year make and model... Just go through them and find the color you want and have them make it. I haven't played around with different brands yet... I've been using Nason which is a Dupont product and is pretty much their cheap paint. I'm able to create great finishes with it but I dunno how long it will last... For a track car it doesn't really matter to me tho...

If you already know how to lay down the paint than that makes a big difference. You got to get the paint thick without running it so it settles flat. The thicker you lay it the better the finished product. I've done a few cars now and I've got it down so good I rarely run and can lay it super thick... I go easy on the base coat and can usually get great coverage out of 2 coats then with the clear I run a light coat then let it get tacky and then a medium to build it up then I go heavy. I give myself plenty of clear that way I can run it and it's not bad. Also when your pushing yourself to make it thicker and allowing it to run it will help alot figuring out how far you can push it. I'd try spraying on something for practice first anyways...

Also try drinking a couple beers... Help calm the nerves if your not totally comfortable. Plus you get to drink beers!