View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 07:39 PM   #44
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Can you even fire external coil setups with the stock ECU? I was always under the impression that our setups wouldn't allow this, this side of a standalone.

Also, FWIW, the MSD coilpacks are junk. You're much better off with the stock ones. It is amazing to note how powerful GM coilpack setups are...totally blow ours out of the water.

What are you doing online when your should be fist pumping at the shore We already talked, J wants steady state/load based. We don't have that.

I did it.

I bought the Splitfires.....I HAD to....FRSport offered them for $15 off and free shipping hahah.

I bet if I put them in, it will fix the issue....but I fully intend to work out the other issues first if possible, bc I don't want to jsut "mask" the underlying problems.

New Issue:

Never had this issue before, but lately, the car has been having trouble turning over sometimes....AFTER it is warmed up....

I am wondering if there is a charging system/battery/alternator issue....?

I am going to get under the car and see how the wiring between the battery/chassis/alternator/starter all looks.

This sucks balls.

However, I am excited about the new coilpacks....I read some reviews and all people noted that the car felt smoother up top.....not necessarily MORE power, just smoother.

Back to what Dave said....now that I am seeing some difficulty starting the car as well, I think more and more that the fuel being really rich is CONTRIBUTING, but is not the cause....I feel like this is ignition/power/alternator related.

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote