View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #37
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Now here is another thing I was thinking about: Are your valve cover seals leaking? Sometimes that can lead to spark blowout when oil trickles down onto the plug....
Very good point. As a matter of fact, there is a SMALL amount leaking, but not enough that I see any ON the plug....there is a TINY amount on the outside part of the coilpack where it is near the rubber gaskets themselves....

I truly don't believe any significant amount is leaking and actually getting on the plugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z U L8R View Post
you shouldn't blow out .028 gap at 10psi under any circumstances......

add some grounds

Dave
Agreed.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
For sure!

Justin did make note he was going to add more grounds, so lets see if he takes advantage of thsi long weekend...so long as the 'Captain' doesn't get a hold of him hehe.

UPDATE.

Repulled the plugs, they look the same.

Recently sanded down firewall down to metal where the head is grounded to to improve that ground (actually did this with other grounds too).

Under full boost, did a 3rd gear pull and it still kind of was misfiring, making it feel like it was pulling, but not smoothly....but not the "flat out dead" feeling that I was getting before.

I really think this is ignition.

I did the same thing, took it out to 6000+ without building much boost (just going slow in 1st gear), and it still seemed to be missing at high RPM.

SO FRUSTRATING!

PLANS:

1) Pull some fuel from the parts of the map that are likely way too rich...(perhaps the map is WAY rich in ALL load cells that are 5500-6000 RPM plus....).

2) New spark plugs (no stores near me have the BKR7E....may need to drive or order online).

See what happens.

I am really getting close to the "fuck this" stage and thinking about the Splitfire setup.

2)

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote