View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 07:22 AM   #61
dorrifto
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
dorrifto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by status View Post
Do you have the J30 diff or something!? I was doing some reading after this and found that the 240 speed sensor is in the trans and the Z sensor is the ABS style, that there's really no other way than to get a diff with a sensor in there. I'm just using the 240 cluster and literally nothing is working. Do you guys have any info on what wire should go where!? I bought the car as a swapped "project" that barely ran. Got everything running and working, just no cluster info. I have temp/oil press/voltage gauges on my A pillar but i'd like to get rid of them. I'd also like to throw a 350z cluster in there if possible as i have one sitting in my garage that a friend gave me. I've taken the cluster off and swapped it thinking it was a bum cluster, but to no avail. HVAC is all s13 and works fine. Everything seems to work BUT the cluster. Was wondering if maybe i needed the Z cluster or something. Thanks in advanced!
Yes, having the j30 diff is the only way I know how to get it to work. The 350z gives out a different type of signal that the 240's cluster will not recognize. Swapping the 350z cluster in there should work, theoretically.
dorrifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links