View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #15073
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
I'm not talking about cutting, or otherwise damaging anything.

I'm specifically NOT burning my subframe (good-bye heat treating), so that I can, when I have time and a big enough press, get aluminium bushings. Go get on people who think a blowtorch is how you remove bushings, or the retarded companies that make bushings specifically to fit in the remnants of half-removed, blowtorched bushings.

So with all due respect, go fuck yourself. I need something to make my car drivable without hammering the whole rear end every time I start from a standstill, until I can do the whole job. Caulk won't kill the car, or hurt anything in any way.

As it doesn't seem that anyone makes these, I'm considering trying to make it steel inserts that crush into the bushing, and do make it totally solid by bridging the gap between the two metal pieces of the bushing with a bit of epoxy to hold them in place and prevent even minor movement or chattering, without any damage to the subframe, or to any part except the already-shot bushings.
Seems logical, just like your hypothesis that oil vapor doesn't dilute your octane rating and your claim that AKI and Octane are two completely different things. You're a fucking idiot, plain and simple, no reason to get butthurt about it, it's inherently bred into you.

Here's an idea, buy the parts you need and take a weekend fix your POS.