View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #15064
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
But, someone must make some that entirely bridge the gap, so that it can't clunk, regardless of the state of the rubber underneath? If I'm making sense to anyone but me.

Maybe I'll get the collars, and if the clunk returns, pack silicone caulk on the bushings, and then just put the collar back on.....
The collars fill the void in the factory bushings. The factory bushings loose their elasticity. Causing the sub-frame movement to exceed their limits. The collars reduce the movement.

They don't really affect the ductility or stiffness of the bushing.

After I put new OEM bushings in I was happy with the feedback. I still had a clunk when backing up as the sub-frame shifts the load from reverse to forward. Putting collars in reduced the limits. Rear end didn't droop when unsupported anymore. Didn't notice an increase in NHV. But, no more clunking.