View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #140
driftertim
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
driftertim is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to driftertim Send a message via MSN to driftertim
Buddy, Canadians in general or just the one dude who wants Honda headlights on his R32... If you are going to generalize a whole population based on some dudes taste and preference, dont do it here. Many of us Canadians including myself dont appreciate it. Many Americans do more rice out there than its conceivable by us Canooks. I admit to doing a bit of rice myself when I decided to put a S15 front on my coupe. It only stayed on my car for about 48 hours before I went to one of our many local JDM stored in search of a clean S13 Silvia front end nose cut, I know S15 fronts dont look good on a Coupe unless its got a wide body but they belong on S15s, some S14s and some hatch back S13s. To me the S13 Coupe looks riced out with a S15 front, I realized that after spending a lot of money to convert it to S15 only to rip it off and slap the JDM front end meant for that car. Long story short taste and preference should be respected whether American, Indian, Japanese, Canadian or whatever part of the world you may be from. Ancestrally speaking twenty generations back you were not even American, you were probably from some part of Europe. So get off of your high horse because, America didn't exist as we know it and the Indigenous people who suffered the greatest were killed of by surprise Influenza and muskets, raped sacked and pillaged for conquest and land. If anything the governments of Canada and US should be ruled by the Original inhabitants of this land which I believe could care less about R34s being illegally imported. On a final note, respect yourself!!! .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

^ Do you know what the above item is? Do you know what a frame rail is?

Fuck, you must be Canadian. The only guys stupid enough to talk about installing Accord headlights in a GTST wanna-be GTR have been on the GTR Canada forums. I cant imagine anyone wanting Accord headlights on their Skyline, thats just wrong in every fucking way.

Have you ever read a book? How about Driving Ambition, the book about the McLaren F1? Do you know why they chose center seating? Part of the reason was that they didnt have to have different parts for LHD and RHD vehicles, it would be standardized. Dashboard, everything.. all the same. Cut costs and standardization.

I've cut an entire chassis into pieces, so dont tell me about whether or not I know about unibody construction. I dont claim to be an expert, but I would never say something stupid like "there is infact hardly if at all any difference between a r32 and a s13. " Your words, not mine.

Canadians, honestly. Its a good thing you have knowledgeable S13 owners like Don @ PDM to make your people look good.