View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 11:10 PM   #7727
91stockcoupe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
91stockcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
I recently installed a angle kit in my s13 and I am having a problem with a popping noise that happens at low speeds on dips or bumps with the wheel turned. I have heard it once while spinning out but mostly happens with normal driving, hard to explain but almost feels like something binding and a really really loud pop. I am running b knuckle, gktech +25 stock style lcas, gktech tension rods, gktech inner tie rods, outer misalignment tie rods and offset rack spacers, also have gktech solid steering rack bushings. To install the offset rack spacers I had to notch the rack on the passenger side and it is not 100% even with the drivers side, as the angle is a little bit different on the way the tie rod sits, not by much though. I am leaning towards that being the problem, another thing would be the solid steering rack bushings are supposed to move the rack forward a bit and maybe something there is not sitting right. Alignment isn’t the best as caster is pretty low at 5 degrees but I don’t think that would cause it. Any help and insight is appreciated, thanks.
91stockcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote