Old 03-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #32
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
k00laid83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
That's the set I was referring to in my post

Why are people so keen on NOT running AL?? If the fitting is built correctly, one should NOT have to crank down on it and strip threads/destroy fittings. If you are destroying fittings or have some aversion to AL, you are doing something wrong
I haven't tried any AL fittings on my rack. I had a bad experience with a AL fitting on my turbo I had back in the day on my civic. It wasn't over tightened it had snapped right above where it threaded in. It was perfect for a few months and then just broke. So I personally always use steel or brass if possible.

Quote:
Quote:
Just installed the Cutworm fittings along with my new rack and they did the trick. I bought both fittings and the total after shipping was right around $27. I would definitely recommend anyone with a ChaseBays kit pick these up if you're having trouble with leaking at the rack. I don't really see a problem with them being aluminum, the fittings have O rings and are the proper length so you don't really have to crank down all that hard to get them to seal.
I'm glad they worked out for you. Great option! I've been in talks with a few hydraulic companies about these fittings, and every fitting I've seen that they provide needs to be milled. The quality of all the fittings I've seen are amazing. I just can't seem to find fittings besides cutworm that are just long enough without being milled. I've even thought of buying a small mill and milling down their fittings.
k00laid83 is offline   Reply With Quote