Thread: Suspension FAQ
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #59
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Well thanks for thinking im smart, but Ill never claim to be all knowing. I had a for real question and I got what I needed thanks to you.

I am actually pretty good at "reading" tires and I was almost positive that I seen a toe out condition. My main thing was understanding the rear suspension and now I believe I do thanks to you. I didnt want to just elongate the toe arms and be done with it, I wanted to know why I had to. I was thinking that it was due to me lowering it, however I learned that it was from taking camber out. I also wanted to make sure that the adjustment needed to be made wasnt on the traction rods.

Anyways I toed the rears in some and the problem went away. We will see if it needs more when it rains next Ill go drive in the rain and find out. I do feel that I have some rear bump steer so I might play with the traction rods some. I read that they can help with it.

Im not too consirned with actually getting the car back on a rack unless I make a major change to something suspension wise because now that I understand what effects what I should be able to perform my alinments close enough based off tire heat/wear and feel. I care less about numbers, its all about how it feels in my book.

Thanks again, and ill try not to act like a noob in front of you anymore

EDIT: and here are the most recent pics of its ride height, although not the best its all I have of its current setup.

4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote