Thread: E85 thread
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #15
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbsalexaz View Post
Thats a little different then what I've seen... I've always seen people go 40% larger.

Heres the formula....
Horsepower to injector size, so for 100whp you need 270cc injectors(hypothetical). So when converting to ethanol, you need 40% more inector. So take injector size(x) and multiply it by 1.4(140%). That will give you the size injector you need to make sure your covered.

In this instance:

270 X 1.4 = 378.

So 370cc's would be be a tad short for 140%... about 3% off.

For a 300zx the injector sizing is nearly proportional to whp. 370cc injectors are good till 350whp.

So ethanol on a TTZ with annodized rails(crucial) pushing 350whp.

370 X 1.4 = 490cc. So nismo 555 injectors would suffice.

More to it that just this, the main reason for the fuel consumtion is because of timing you can throw at the motor and force the car to make more power due to better maps.

Hope this helps.
I've tuned my car on E85 with a wideband for hours and hours - it's 25%. That gave EXACTLY the same lambda with the same fuel map.