View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 09:01 PM   #1
DSC
New Title

Trader Rating: (0)
DSC is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Cheap racer mods, hehe

I stopped by home depot on the way home from school tonight and picked up a few things that looked like they would go good on the car. For 20 bux I got driver and passanger seat covers, brake ducts and a big thing of assorted zip ties from 3" to 11"

Seat covers are really 20"x5' sheets of shelf liner. Great for those damn leather seats.

Cut small holes for the headrest polls and tucked it underneath at the front.

I may do random trimming so it doesn't look like ass so much, but it works great for now. It doesn't slip at all and neither do I. It makes it a little harder to get in and out of the car though, since I can no longer pivot on my butt to swing my legs out the door. They are in just for testing now, will normally be removed for street driving.

I have been sliding the seat back a bit, locking the seatbelt, and then sliding the seat up into the belt to hold tight like a harness. This combined with the new seat covers and I really don't move at all.

For the ducts, 6' of 3" dryer hose. I couldn't find any sort of flange thing for the end, but with a 3" hose, I doubt it will be needed.

It's not 6' in that pic, it's like those trick snakes, it will fold down to about 3'. Should be more than enough fully extended for ducting on both sides, 3' each side.

I plan to entirely remove my dust sheilds and use a combo of my new zip ties and duct tape to make it go where I want. I'll post back when I get it done.

Anybody else have cool ghetto racer mods...please share