View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 11:35 AM   #282
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
So a few things have changed over the past month or so. I finally got the car out of the garage and managed to clean off all the drywall dust and gave it a proper wash. Best part of the garage is the car can stay much cleaner now.

Once it was washed, I got cracking on replacing the exhaust. My car has been nicknamed "dyson" by my close circle of friends do to it sounding... well like a dyson.

Not anymore.

I believe that the exhaust that came with the car was a 3.25" HKS (no markings, but square flange) which I had cut the secondary muffler out of but it made no difference.

The new exhaust is a 3" with a straight through cannon style muffler. Ill see how I like it, so far ive gone for a quick drive and the new noise is causing something inside the interior to rattle / vibrate which will have to be sorted. Might be a little too obnoxious for me but its easy to revert back.

My friends over at Speed Academy hooked it up with a AEM AFR / Boost gauge. I am not a fan of flashy "spaceship looking" AEM gauges, but understand their importance. The perfect spot to tuck it away in the R32 is in the drivers side knee vent (they're usually broken anyways) and are the perfect size.

Still visible when driving.

Ive gone back and forth on this for a while now. There are pros and cons to each location. I knew I wanted to mount it vertical. So i took out the headlight and rebar and got around to mocking it all up

In front of the rad provides the most protection and allows the fan to pull air through the rad when idling after turning some hotlaps. The FMIC also provides protection from road debris.

Ultimately I decided on mounting it on the drivers side. I chose this location mainly to simplify running the lines. If i had mounted in front of the rad, I would have had to cut / drill into the rad support and move the chase bays overflow. now the lines have plenty of room to up behind the fender and through the opening into the engine bay

Got my trusty bender out and started making bracketry

Got it all mounted up with locking hardware and its extremely sturdy. These Bluetooth oil lines arnt going to cut it though. Ill have and update on those as well as the plan for ducting in the next post.

Thanks for checking in

-Jordie