View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 11:00 PM   #74
HKsilvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
HKsilvia is on the path to ruinHKsilvia is on the path to ruin
Send a message via ICQ to HKsilvia
let me tell you about S15...
-First of all, s15 tranny can be RELIABLE until 320-350HP, since there is one more set of gear for 6th gear is added, it should be weaker for sure, for 400HP+, it could hold but u are testing your luck, if u are a 6 speed lover like me, your best bet is to either stay under 350HP (which im doing) or get the strengthen 6 speed transmittion from NISMO for s15 only (approx. $3500-$4000).
-If you are doing a S15 swapping, make sure, and i said MAKE FUKIN SURE you got the rear differential of the S15, and be sure it a Spec R rear diff, because S15 Spec S has the different rear diff.
-For s15 engine swappin to s13, you would need a custom drive shaft coz the s15 drive shaft is longer than s13.
-Even though u got your engine, rear diff, and drive shaft, you gonna need a signal converter aka "black box" in order to have your speedometer, trip info, and VVT operate, even though, the car can still be drivable without it. and you wont have speed cut... :P

thas all i can remember for now. Thanks Ron of Motorsport Technique for teaching me all these useful info. you are my hero!
HKsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote