View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 02:09 AM   #2380
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
^ They take me back to a time when every car had those clear tail lights and it ruined everything. Not sure i'll ever change my mind on them lol.

I was just having a browse on yahoo.jp (wish i didn't) and i'm beating the old 'nismo old logo price jump' drum again. But i find it so weird how high and how fast the prices are going.

The S-chassis market especially.
It's like people don't realize. People bought into s-chassis due to their affordability or their great value for money. This whole new wave of inflated 30yr old parts doesn't even appeal to the majority. Even for people like me that are 30+ yrs old, who have more disposable income now. I'm not touching this over priced shit.

Now i'm going to reminisce;
I really miss the time i explored looking for old car parts back in like 2008 onwards. Everything was at a great affordable price, the dollar was good (for us in aus), no one knew who Jesse Streeter was so the commission was cheap.
All of this encapsulates why I'm leaning towards selling my S13s. Not a main factor, but a contributing one nonetheless.

Old factory options are cool, but not at the price point they.re at. Dudes selling 'retro turbos' or other engine parts astonish me. Are people THAT fucking into 'period' correct' that they'd use overpriced, decades-old parts when the current market still produces superior products? The mind boggles...

That's why I like the S15 a little more each day. It's not much better, but it's better.

Also: look up dookies_majestic on IG. If I suffer, you're welcome to share. Why this shit comes up in my algorithm I'll never know.