View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 09:24 AM   #4
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
It sounds like he's trying to replace the arms that GKTech included with the HICAS elimination kit with either SPC or NISMO - I think at least.

In comparison, both look pretty shitty but I'd go NISMO, box the bottoms so there is a little more strength and run those. That's of course you're silly enough to get rid of the GKTechs. Not sure why those scare you but it sounds like the maintenance is too much for you to handle.
I'm not buying the complete GKTech Kit which includes Bar, Arms and Poly Bushings for the knuckles.

You've been around long enough to know polyurethane does not belong on a car. Spherical only belongs on the track.

My S13 was full retard. - Solid Subframe mounts, spherical arms, poly everything and the car was god awful because of it.

There is a reason you don't see Spherical or Poly on any OEM application - regardless of how exotic, hyper-race ready or special it is.

F40 Control Arm

To my knowledge, the only Rubber based arms available are -

Nismo Factory Style
SPC Adjustable (SPC is a leader in alignment technology and equipment)
NRG DME
TruHart

Megan and Nismo both offer "harder rubber" press in bushings for you arms, knuckles and subframes.

Answer to OP's Question:

GKTech confirmed what I suspected. The Elimination Bar would require an adjustable Toe-Arm to make sure toe-alignment is properly set. Even if it's only a few MM off from the factory sub-frame, that's enough to throw off you toe with no way to correct.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote