View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 07:45 AM   #23
importnut
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
importnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzy
sooo.....you are better off with stocK MC because of pedal pressure needed??
I believe it comes down to personal preference. In either case, the brakes work. Isn't that the most important part? Whether you adjust the pin or not, it still takes more movement to engage the brakes using the stock MC. I do not like that. I like the fact that the pedal almost stops as soon as the pads engage the rotor, and from that point, it's about how much pressure you put on it, not the movement of the pedal.

I believe that the problems people are experiences with the stiff pedal can be summed up in a few thoughts. 1) hit the gym 2) nearly every other car out there has typical brakes where you have greater pedal movement that makes it easier to manipulate the brakes. Switching to the far more solid setup with the Z32 MC definitely takes a bit to get used to and also requires good brake pads. Hawk HPS pads are terrible and yield lousy brakes. A good pad like the Porterfield R4S makes the setup feel better than anything I've experienced.

Ultimately, swapping the brakes, and associated parts, is to help you stop in shorter distances, and more importantly, over and over again. Stock brakes can lock up the tires, or take care of you for one good panic stop, but after that, forget it.