View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 12:24 PM   #13
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I guess I don't really see how horsepower applies to the quality of the crank/cam timing signals. It's going to rev the same range at 200hp or 500hp.

Same could be said for a $500 rom tune ecu or a couple thousand on a standalone and sensors. Could make 400 on a rom tune lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
How many plugs are available on the expansion harness? How many things can communicate over CANBus and free up expansion plugs?
Higher horsepower cars not only move through the rev range faster and possibly rev higher, but they also have larger camshafts which can affect timing drift. Adding a crankshaft sensor eliminates the variability of the timing chain and also provides a true sync signal.

The S13link has two expansion connector slots.
One includes:
3 digital inputs
1 Analog voltage input
2 temperature sensor inputs
a +5v sensor supply
and sensor ground
The other:
4 auxilary outputs
and 4 analog voltage inputs

So technically you can add two temp sensors, five pressure or position sensors, three digital inputs (hall effect sensors, etc), and four auxilary outputs (injectors, solenoids, etc). Bear in mind that the MAF sensor already accounts for your IAT and MAP sensor as both of those can be spliced in there. It also has an onboard 4 bar MAP.

The S15Link also has two expansion connectors, but they're slightly different but I don't feel like typing it out.

Canbus is only limited by the overall length of the wires really. The only things I know of that can use canbus currently are PDM's, AEM wideband controllers/gauges, and digital dashes. Maybe there are other things I'm not thinking of.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote