View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 10:28 AM   #10
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Could also ditch the CAS entirely and do a hall effect sensor on the exhaust cam from Mazworks or Taarks/EFI Solutions.

If one were to buy everything from Link, wouldn't it already be wired with the appropriate plugs? I assumed modules and harnesses would be plug in ready and not need deutsch plugs wired on.
If you're adding sensors (fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, etc) via the expansion connector, then no. You have to run the expansion harness to wherever you want the sensor to go and crimp your terminals onto the appropriate wires. I'll show you exactly what I'm talking about when I get the ECU.

The expansion harness plugs in inside the ecu case, so if for some reason you want to disconnect things, it's easier to wire in a connector on the pigtail than to take the ecu case apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Its just plug and play on one end. It does come with everything.... But in case you want a disconnect on ecu side or soemthing...

That is a $500 kit to go to Hall Sensor and some people had trouble getting the calibration correct... Just trying to make 400+whp.... nothing big...

Does anyone know if CAN is just 2 wires? CAN HI and LO.... I bought the AFR kit, but it doesn't come with the can harness to ecu...
Yes, CAN is just can high and can low. Twist the pair and use a 120ohm terminating resistor at the connection. This is how I wire in the AEM wideband.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote