View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #1072
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post
haha yeah, yeah you can get i.r.s. suspension kits for mustangs, wilwood b.b.k.s, ls carb intake manifolds, etc...

but it just conveys a huge misconception about muscle cars baseline capability to the general movie-going public.

i dont mind it, all it'll do is bump up muscle car values (needed after the price bubble popped in the past year). maybe my buddies mustard yellow 318 auto coronet will be viewed not as an old grandma junker but as a fearsome sleeper capable of dominating cars 30 years younger

i wouldnt say its my ignorance (a weekend up at limerock will convince anyone that with big bucks you can make mustangs keep up with better stuff), but its merely acknowledging that the movie can severely skew the general public's conception of those cars

Its funny you mention the thing about muscle cars. These damn movies do the same thing for imports just you don't care about it. After F&TF3 every kid thought they could go buy some import and drift around the parking garages and in the streets. The movie conveys a HUGE misconception about IMPORT cars to the general public. The only ignorance was not acknowledging both sides of the spectrum.