View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 05:09 PM   #150
RVAE34
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
RVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
Must be one crazy talented machinist! By far the cleanest z i've ever gazed upon. The wheel choice is on point too, probably one of my favorite matchups so far. Honestly the gold, while looking really good, just doesn't compare to the metallic paint it had (mostly because I love the idea of sleeper status). Loving everything else about your build though, living up to this ^ . S'ubd in anticipation for this A+ build
It's been a really touch choice for me honestly because the stock color grew on me more and more as the car sat in my garage. But I really want to stick to my original plan and have a statement piece. If it had a ton of horsepower, it would be more fun to make a sleeper but with only 300hp roughly at 10k peak rpm going through Alu or Ti exhaust paired with the ITB's and no filters, it will never be a sleeper nor will it be a monster fast car. It will just sound amazing and be a total blast to drive in a spirited fashion. It won't be anywhere near as fast as any of my last 4 cars but I think it will be the most fun overall.

My real goal is to build a restomod version of an 80's Z432 had they recreated it from the original 70's S30 Z432. Confusing I know, right? I have the badging and all. NOS 432 and Fairlady Z emblems. Many of those cars were 920 safari gold with Watanabe's. And the 432 stood for 4 valves per cylinder, triple carbs and twin cam. Which is also what I will have with the RB28 stroker and RB26 ITB's.

Here is a nice example of the original and you can see more of what I am trying to emanate with my build. The original cars had gunmetal valve covers which is why I had mine done like that too. And the reason I chose the twin cam ornament plate instead of the GTR plate. I want to build an 80's radass Z432.

Last edited by RVAE34; 08-15-2018 at 06:25 PM..
RVAE34 is offline   Reply With Quote