View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 08:26 AM   #18
geiesrp

Trader Rating: (0)
geiesrp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLoBaLReBeL420 View Post
I'm having as hell of a time converting values to get a feel for what everyone else is seeing vacuum wise for their cars.

-5.2 BAR is -153 Inches Mercury (which is CRAZY VACUUM compared to my -20 inches mercury)

I'm happy that I'm not the only one seeing the vacuum drop after the cam-shaft install. I'm just amazed that Tomei didn't say anything about where the car would idle at and the change in vacuum!!
Sorry, of coz i meant -0.52 bar, thats how much mercury?

as for units, me too. As far as I know you have normally -19 - -21 what? PSI? I found a pressure converter somewhere and the only value that fits was foot of something. Please let us tell the correct units, there are several people around the globe in this thread involved.

Just for clarification:
I'd -0.62 bar with stock cams AND WITH Tomei 256 cams.

Now with the 258 cams I have barely -0.54bar at idle. I might have an explanation for that behaviour. Maybe Tomei improved the cams for VVT, i.e when the engine runs VVT in 'sharp' mode. That would explain the massive power drop below 5000.

And if this is the case, I'll kick out the 258 right now. I actually bought them to improve lower and midrange, i don't drive the car in every gear to redline.
geiesrp is offline   Reply With Quote