View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 05:01 PM   #20
Skinny5racing

Trader Rating: (0)
Skinny5racing is an unknown quantity at this point
Sup guys, so I started to make some forward progress. After stripping the 180sx down, I found a ton of rust in crucial structure points and was afraid they would pass Formula Drift tech and basic structural integrity. So I decided to reshell to another S13 I scooped up in SoCal that was already caged.

I setup shop in my driveway and stripped any remaining seam sealer from the engine bay and wheel wells. Wheel wells were a point of interest as it’s been my experience with 13’s that they frequently crack on the inside by the frame rail/strut tower

After it was all stitched up, I did some sanding, threw down some primer and then hit it with some metallic gunmetal and clear coat.

Got the front suspension swapped over from the 180sx as well as the Tilton pedals and the custom steering column shaft.

I mocked up the front aero and then decided to drop the 2JZ in to verify the engine/transmission would fit before I packed up my welder. Originally I had purchased a Collins Adapter unit for my cd009 to a340 bellhousing conversion but this didn’t work with the Clutch Masters setup I had for the T56 slave cylinder/hydraulic throw out bearing. Luckily when I purchased the clutch it came with the Auto Sports Engineering adapter which I easily swapped out to get things working.

That’s what I accomplished this past weekend. I’m going to do some research on rear mount radiator setups in a hatch. I didn’t like the clearance I had up front with the mishimoto rad with slim fans. I’ve already decided to convert to an electric power steering pump as well and relocate the alternator where the AC compressor was.
Skinny5racing is offline   Reply With Quote