View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 06:07 AM   #1
Shirohige
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Shirohige is an unknown quantity at this point
SR20DET rpm dips when applying throttle

EDIT: Problem was the tune that was on it. My new tuner showed me how bad the car was tuned. Very low torque, low hp, running way too rich like max gas when its not needed, no stable boost. He lost braincells looking at that tune. He tuned it again and fixed it all, got 378 nm torque and 279whp from a s15 spec r turbo. He also fixed the hesitation for like 90%. He couldnt get rid of it completely but it feels like its not there anymore. Couldnt be happier

So uh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4Rq...ature=youtu.be

That happens. Seems like throttle tip in hesitation. Only happens when i punch the pedal, if i press it in lightly it gives no issues. Once a bit higher in rpm (2-3k) you can hear/feel misfires.

Things ive done:
- new iacv (had to be replaced, old one was bad)
- tps set at .43v, was at 0.5v first
- spark plugs gapped at .28
- checked CAS. My PFC was showing 17-18 degrees when warm. Thought it might've been my CAS so i took it out, put the engine at TDC (frsport guide) and stabbed the CAS back in. The CAS is maxed out with bolts and is not in the middle. I'll have to check it again with a timing gun. PFC shows 15 now, but during misfires on idle it shoots to 16 and goes back to 15 really quick

- double checked all vacuum hoses for leaks (Found a leak on the oil/air seperator)
- new gas
- new fuel filter
- checked injectors to see how they spray, its all good. Injectors were cleaned and got new o-rings too (3000kms ago)
- New coil packs
- BKR7IEX plugs gapped at .28 (not even 3000km on them)

The car isnt even doing anything weird. It idles fine, no hunting or extremely high/low idling. When warm its 850-875. I let the car sit for 1.5 years. Note: Before it was sitting in my garage for 1.5 years it would drive fine with no hesitation (after it would reach 70 degrees celsius). I always thought it was a bad IACV. But now I get hesitation during both cold AND warm engine.

What can i even do at this point?

Last edited by Shirohige; 06-05-2021 at 11:14 AM..
Shirohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links