View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 04:55 PM   #28
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Give me some input guys, to turbo or not to turbo? My main goal with this car is seat time and longevity.

I dug out all of my parts I have been hoarding to throw a turbo on the DE SR today and realized I basically just need fittings and some time to make it happen. PFC, DET harness, CAS, coils, turbo, maf, manifold, downpipe, injectors, intercooler, etc.

If I do it, its not going to be half ass thrown together, it'll be proper, I just worry about the longevity of the setup. With SR's getting so expensive, is it worth stressing this poor DE until it lets go and being left with a hunk of useless parts?

As a hoarder, I do have a good bare DET block and some other goodies just sitting around. I could easily tear the DE down, pull the good crank and build a forged 86.5 bottom end that would take the abuse. Would keep it all simple, I don't want another endeavor like my Z...

Other option would be to drop in the S14 DE I've been sitting on for a while now. Would give me a little bump in whp and should be extremely reliable as the engine is beautifully clean inside. Instead of spending time and money building an engine (or replacing one I blow up), I could get all of my aero/wheels sorted and paint the turd.

Fuck, I kinda hate owning multiple project cars