View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 07:00 PM   #120
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Out of curiosity I went a priced out a swap thru TF to see what the cost would be and were one could save by deviating.

$1695 swap kit inc: oil pans setup, mounts, subframe spacers, bell housing adapter

-Note 9 their oil pan is not Tapped. I would recommend welding a steel bung to the timing chain tensioner cover, as with their setup the a bung on the oil pan would be below the oil line in the pan.

$1049 flywheel and throw out bearing setup
$597 ACT BMW ZF org full face clutch

-Note 1a for $2280 gets you a Inline Pro adapter plate a Z33/34 and Clutch Masters twin disc clutch vs ~$2145 (depending on clutch) with TF for a ACT stage clutch. I paid $2200 to Collins as it was the only kit out at the time for the CD00x with a single plate clutch (came with an ebay VQ stage 3). HIGHY DO NOT RECOMEND DOING BUSINESS WITH HIM. FYI those adapter fly wheels are heavy AF for billet aluminum, I swear mine weight ~25lbs.

$1049 driveshaft, has the funky front joint for a BMW trans. Order tab has you fill out chassis and abs/non-abs but then asks for driveshaft lentgh????

-Note 1b for the cost of this drive shaft you could have bought a used CD009 and a shaft masters cd009 240sx alumium drive shaft is only $400.

$180 TF shifter bolts directly to floor where boot would to go.
$69.95 shifter selector rod

-Note 1c shifter kits for the cd009 start at $250

$85 K24/k20 swivle neck Tstat housing.

-Note 2 This is not needed and would do not recommend threw personnel testing. If you do get it, absolutely do not bolt this directly to the water pump housing! This setup puts the wax pellet out of the stream of the coolant bypass as it puts the bypass flow into the lower radiator hose. With just carefully enlarging the the OEM Tstat mount holes you can get the lower radiator outlet to face down for FREE.99.

$174 K24 upper water neck adapter

-Note 3 this is a TracTuff adapter you can barely see the logo in picture 2. What you don't get buying it from TF is OPTIONS. I highly recommend at a minimum is to order it from TracTuff and get the 30$ option for a bleed port to be welded on. This motor is nearly impossible to bleed with out a high point spot to bleed it. Even better would be to order a swirl pot giving you a high fill port and effort less cooling system maintenance. I paid a Nice 420$ for mine but I also added 2 1/2 NPT bungs for a maximum effectiveness. First a bung up top to aid in the bleeding of the heater core while cleaning up plumbing and secondly a bung on the bottom for coolant bypass simplifying the intake manifold install/removal.

$499 Kmiata intake, no complaints looking it over. Qreat budget option unless looking for max power or want to go DBW then I would suggest going for a Skunk2 Ultra intake for slightly more.

$1095 Turbo manifiold (Vband only)

ENGINE BITS
$197 K20 50 deg VTC

-Note 4 you can get one of these from the junkyard for a bout 20$ can easliy find the PR3 (IIRC) version on the base model RSX

$199.95 K20 RSX oil pump.

-Note 5 if running K24 Block will need to be notched to fit block.

$33 K20 windage tray

- Note 6 5$ from junkyard found on most RSXs.

$13 K20 oil pump guide

$97.90 OEM tensioner

- Note 7 is recommend to replace common failure item especially with some aftermarket cams. many aftermarket tensioners out there some say aftermarkets do more harm then good stretching chains faster. Considering this these are 2 parts you want to add. 1 K20z3 upper timing guide ~$20 its longer and pervents the cams from jumping in a failure. 2 lower aftermarket timing chain guard which prevents the chain from jumping on the crank $30-50 depending on brand.

External engine parts

$29.95 7 rib belt
$190 "JDM" k24a2 idler pulley
-Note 8 part is not JDM also cam on USDM EP3 could be had at junkyard for 15$. alternatively you can order a billet pulley with belt for $161.99 from Ktuned
$165 Radium Rail with basic fittings

Total before tax and shipping $7518 for a 6spd ZF setup, no power steering

Now this does not included a down pipe, Ecu, wiring Turbo, Wastegate, BOV, intercooler setup, transmission, cooling hose setup, and odds and ends but this is the basics.

Now tallying up my notes the total with a twin disc CD00x setup including a 76$ GKtech trans mount minus transmission(might need a mount meant for a 2JZ engine tho) and 226$ Ktuned PS relocation kit (although idk if it would fit their with oil pan) would be $6326

Anyway you do it this swap it will cost a minimum of 9k to be Turbo and that's if you DIY your wiring, exhaust, coolant plumbing, and intercooler. I Balled out with stuff like twin scroll, DBW, Haltech 1500 while making everything from scratch and still totaled out to around 11k-12k.
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote