View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 09:35 AM   #62
gills
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
gills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the rough
good ol' hammer pounding always works! lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So back to the front spindles. Milled and drilled them based off of what I measured. I think the air gap should work just right.

"Probing" that OEM ABS spindle. Picked up the small tooling hole on the back that the factory uses to turn the spindle:

Had to mill down the area where the sensor goes to match the thickness. Had to remove about 0.095".

All done. Thru hole for the sensor is 18mm and is located 50-50.25mm radially from the spindle centerline. Not having the mounting hole there was actually good since the Nissan pattern doesn't match and also uses an M8 instead of an M6. I had a clean slate to transfer the BMW sensor hole:

Air gaps and fitment is just right:

Really can't wait to test this system. The harness for the ABS should be arriving this week. I'll be mounting the module on the rear passenger side seat shelf so there will be bulkhead fittings galore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my first step to making the brake system more rigid. Quickly fabbed up a master cylinder brace that mounts on the strut tower. And, yes, these things do help. I've measured decent deflection on the S14. Any deflection in your braking system is magnified at your foot by the brake pedal ratio. Taking as much of it out is very beneficial to brake modulation, feel, and effectiveness: