View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 02:21 PM   #20
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Time for another update.
We pulled the engine... again as the timing belt skipped, and i wanted to be sure that everythings put together correct.

I also removed the manifolds so i can work on the head.

Im astually happy that i removed the engine and went through everything this time, as i found a hose that was cracked, and it would be impossible to replace if the engine is in the car.

We also got a 12ton press in the workshop. I talked to some local professional workshops, and they wanted way to much money for me to press some bearings, so i bought this one. Its cheap, but it works fine for wheel bearings and other small stuff.

As i had a extra cracked head for the CA18DET laying around, i went to town with cleaning the valves, so they can be installed in the good head

Another reason that we removed the engine is that one of the enginemounts are broken, and also tightened with about 69 ugga-duggas and fucked the nut... So the only way to remove it was to saw and drill it. What a fucking nightmare!

And also it was possible to replace the clutch bearing when there was easy access. And it was so easy with the new press :P

I also did the front wheel bearings

Since the engine have been sitting for a long time, i might as well get new tempsensors and thermostat. And i guess it was a good idea The old ones were pretty rusty!

Last edited by Jyttah; 05-02-2024 at 06:01 AM..
Jyttah is offline   Reply With Quote