View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
shane_lxi
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
shane_lxi is an unknown quantity at this point
'90 24de/5spd swap finished (no 56k)

My first s13 was a '91 fastback. I bought it off an old lady for $2800. She was the first owner, it had all the service records since new, a recent tuneup, new brakes struts, everything, and I totaled it. Switched lanes into a truck leaving Oly. I was forced to drive a rust bucket truck for 5 months as I searched out a new s13. I found a '90 shell with an automatic tranny, and a blown 24e for $1500. I payed was too much for it, but I finally got it running on wednesday of last week. Pretty easy swap, did the 5spd conversion and ka24de swap (out of my totaled '91) at the same time, so I was kind of juggling two things at once, but it got handled alright. Here are some pics I took during and after the swap.

During Swap:
The red one is the totaled '91, the black is my new '90

After Swap:
All that work finally paid off, about 2 weeks later when I finally figured out how to wire the starter, lol. There's a guy in town who bought a car that got a 5spd tranny swap, so he let me check out his wiring, so simple, I'm mad at myself for not figuring it out sooner. Right after I got it running, I put my 16x7 +15 wheels on (which I ordered 2 days before wrecking my '91, lol) They are FLOOSH! They stuck out about 3mm before I lowered the car last friday (eibach prokit), but the camber corrected that. That's all I've done to it so far, other than the motor/tranny swap that is. Here's the pics enjoy.

Flooshi Flooshi! 16x7 +15 offset, with 205 55 16 zeix. I like their stance, nice and flush.

DIRTY! lol

that's it, what do you think?