View Single Post
Old 11-13-2023, 12:45 PM   #14038
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
The issue with the FRS/GT86/BRZ is power. I know slow car go fast. Weight n all that, but we live in an age where MINIVANS make 300hp. People want more power simple as that. With traction control, weight of vehicles, etc. power is not the same like it used to be. I've driven a lot of mustangs. The GT at 460 crank hp was fast but not like OMG fast. The Z is weird, it is more powerful than a 370Z but appears to be worse in handling. Not to mention they are hella over priced. I have seen Z's priced at 76K thanks to dealer markup.

I'll take it one step farther. The BRZ FA20 is a pile of dog shit. Had it been an F20 or K20/24, hell even a BEAMS, they would have tripped sales.

The FA20 makes marginal horsepower, a flat/dead torque cut off, gets mediocre fuel economy and oh yeah, is an unreliable POS that blows rod bearings. Facebook is littered with rollers and knockers.

It's honestly criminal considering Subaru does have a fantastic turbo-4 that should have been drop in ready. Hell, even a Tuned EZ30/36 would have been sick.

Drop in the Flat-6 making ~320HP with spruced up mag ride suspension, rear seat delete, brakes, some upgraded sway bars and strut bars, market it as a STI/TRD and have a Porsche GT4 beater at $55k

Why not the Turbo-3 out of the Yaris/Corolla?

They have so many good parts available. Toyota just does not care. (See new Tundra)
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote