View Single Post
Old 08-17-2023, 06:50 PM   #14017
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Maybe I just came up a little later but I've never been huge into body kits. I am more attracted to stock body lines and "lip kits" which is what you alluded to. Dodge does a good job with a number of different style hoods on their models, including Chargers, Challengers, even Ram pickups and Jeeps
body kits, when designed and done properly, will take the look of the car lightyears beyond what it was.

case in point... i am so beyond hung on the greddy gracer kit i tweaked and brought back its not even funny. they took the original chuki exterior and made it work SO much better IMO, especially the front bumper! everything about the kit is just a little more edgey and expanded upon from stock chuki face, skirts and valances ("type x" valances started on the chuki model btw). everything about the kit is clean and simple... only adding small amounts of exaggeration where needed (basically matched height of everything)

not hooring my product, just using something that goes along with the point i was making. properly designed aero kits take the original aesthetic and compliment it. theres tons of kits out there for the s-chassis i cant stand. others just hit me right in the feels because they took an original idea and innovated on it.

veilside, just yuck. i respect their designs in that they are VERY creative... however, they are too over the top for my tastes. vertex on the other hand, absolutely perfect example of aero done properly!

i think aero worked better on 90s cars due to how small the physical body of the vehicle used to be and how high they tended to sit. modern cars have gotten much taller (due to safety regulations and such) and there is a lot more real estate that has to be dealt with in terms of surface area. some companies, like dodge, get it right in their factory designs for say the Hellcat. the wide fenders helped the car SO much. then youve got honda on the other hand whos last generation Civic was just god awful! VENTS!!! VENTS EVERYWHERE!!! yeah uh, but are they functional? NOPE!!! BUT WHO CARES???

most lip kits to me look silly. the bulk of the time they just dont work... especially front lips. even since the 90s, lip kits just tend to look over done. cramming too much exaggeration into too small of a space. there are exceptions, dont get me wrong... but the bulk of the time, aftermarket lip kits really look like an afterthought.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 08-18-2023 at 12:15 AM..
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote