View Single Post
Old 08-14-2023, 01:34 PM   #6
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
If strength's your goal, the PSM inner tie rod is probably the strongest out there. I personally prefer a standard Moog OE rod, anything short of a mistake and they will hold up. I'd rather have a tie rod bend and take the hit than anything else in there, namely the rack.

As for outers, I've never heard of using JZX. If your knuckle has bump steer correction, there's no need to run anything but an OE outer. Just make sure everything you buy is for S14. Most aftermarket companies use M14 inners, so make sure your outer is for S14 (S13 uses M12 thread).

The length of your inner is determined by the length of your FLCA and presence of rack spacers. For example, my S13 has 25mm extended FLCA, with the asymmetrical GK Tech NON OFFSET (fuck those) rack spacers. I run a GK Tech inner tie rod on the smaller spacer side (cut to length) and a Q45 inner on the largers spacer size, with Moog S14 stock outers. I love this setup. It's fully capable and easy to maintain.

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=497539

This ^^ thread has been very helpful in determining your ITR length for your setup. Just know that if you need additional length, GK Tech's is longer than you'll ever need, and is fully threaded so you can cut to whatever size you need.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote