View Single Post
Old 06-22-2023, 10:03 PM   #56
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
and then, part 3, miscellaneous interior mods...pulled all the interior bulbs out (map lights, both footwell lights, dome light) to see about getting the bulbs matched at a hardware store to convert to LED or white bulbs.

engineering nerds rejoice: i pulled apart the AC control unit to see if the interior LEDs can be switched out.

there are two main LEDs on the circuit board. those LEDs project light upwards and out through this literal prism, towards all the buttons and sliders. this is cool.

what's not cool is that you can't replace the green lights with any other color. each button has this green crystal/LED thing behind it that illuminates. these aren't removable, (clearly) i tried. maybe one of those crazy crystal astrology girls can fix my crystals.

i also pulled the shift knob and boot back off to get better ones. why does my damn shift knob commit scooter ankle every time i take it off? this is the second one in a row that did this.

nothing monumental, i know, but it's gonna rain for a while and just waiting on parts and money. hoping some of y'all enjoy details like these.