View Single Post
Old 06-10-2023, 12:02 PM   #66
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, just like any other vintage parts it's in large part because we like keeping the cars 'period correct' as opposed to either 100% original or just whatever is the latest flavor of best. Why build a hot rod with a Buick nailhead instead of an LS? Why build a Fox Body with a 5.0 instead of an LS? etc.

Just like the other thread about resellers, the only thing that mystifies me is really where this demand is that's driving the prices. Again I look around and I see LS and JZ swaps are what's "hot"... so I dunno how a basic bitch redtop SR with a billion miles on it, broken rockers and rod knock goes for $4500. I get the nostalgia market, of course I know him, he's me.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote