View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 06:02 PM   #25
TheVinylKingz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Which coolant temp sensor did you replace? There's two of them, a 2-pin and a 1-pin spade connector style. The 1-pin is for your gauge cluster only, the 2-pin is used by the ECU.

Running bad when the engine is warmed up really points to a bad temp sensor.

You should really have a consult cable at this point, and actually monitor what the ECU is seeing. So you can see the code 55 and check TPS voltage with a volt meter, but it's way more useful to see what values the ECU is actually seeing.

Running a T28 at wastegate spring pressure is a waste. The S14/15 used a wastegate solenoid to run that thing at about 11 psi stock, and the S14 came with the same 370cc injectors. You have room for improvement here.

I swapped out the coolant temp sensor (2-pin). Today I took her out for a drive due to swapping out the o2 sensor, but the same symptoms presented. I’m beginning to think my injectors are no good due to the spark plug on cylinder 1 looking very rich and the others on cylinder 2,3,4 very lean. My TPS is in range (.48 & 4.19/WOT).

Maybe my Injectors are open causing the motor to display symptoms of misfiring??? I do have some 480/444 cc S15 injectors and i am tempted to see if I will get the same symptoms if I swap them out to diagnose. My reasoning is if I swap the injectors and don’t notice anything, then my 370cc injectors were bad, if I notice the same, then it’s something else.

My concern is flooding the cylinders with those 480/444 injectors, maybe lead to hydro lock?????