View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 09:15 AM   #8
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
For fluid systems it is best to run minimum pressure
I always run 34-38psi baseline for my cars
For example 1000cc injectors 35psi baseline I can fuel maybe 800rwhp using some alcohol fuel

Lowest pressure for all fluid systems: Blood, oil, water, air, etc... The least pressure is the least stress on fuel system components. Lower pressure also carries myriad benefits for fuel:

reasons to
Run the lowest fuel pressure possible with a referenced regulator because
1. Keeps fuel cooler
2. Pump will last longer
3. Pump flows the most fuel
4. Easier to idle tune large injectors
5. Takes stress off all fuel system components
6. Allows low base pressure to be adequate for boost setups
7. ____________________ <--- there has to be more

You throw all of that away by using high pressures unnecessarily or counter intuitively. Using high pressure instead of upgrading the injector for example, results with hotter fuel, less overall fuel pump flow, more strain on the pump and parts associated. And is completely avoidable when the system is designed properly.

--------Next Issue--------
I've melted the plastic tank S14 topper using the OEM plug for the fuel pump, aeromotive / AEM 340LPH fuel pump. Even if the wires leading to and from are upgraded, the plastic plug part can't take the current those pumps draw. I had to install 'bulkheads' just a bolt through the plastic to carry current.