View Single Post
Old 03-25-2022, 11:54 AM   #402
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
This car has been for sale for quite some time now. The mileage is impressive, but the car overall is questionable.

A few pieces that stood out:

Rust under the passenger frame rail

Replaced radiator core support. You can see non-factory welds on the underside pic. It's also missing the usual core support stickers.

Foam missing between the upper radiator core support and the radiator.

Replaced bumper support. You can sort of spot the black bumper support. From all of the S14's I've owned, the only ones that had solid black bumper supports were cars that had OEM replacement bars installed after an accident.

The front fender fitment is noticeably off compared to factory where the fenders meet the door. The gap is tight at the top and gets wider as you go down.

The inner fender edges in the engine bay makes me suspect a complete respray on the exterior.

Engine has an aftermarket crank pulley.

Rattle can undercoating on several sections of the car. The front TC rod brackets, fender wells, below the spare tire, etc.

Someone definitely put a lot of effort to make it look as original as possible, but made noticeable mistakes.

It's a clean car, but I'd argue it is worth less than half of what it's up for due to the repairs and obvious signs of rust.

I did want to add to this post since the car now popped up on BAT. Hopefully this can help any potential buyer before overpaying for this car.

Someone else pointed out the wrong year grill on the front end.

Notice the fender gap. I also noticed the normally black lower rocker panel on Zenki's has been painted over. It's a bit more noticeable in the other pictures.

Compared to these:

More visible here:

Non-factory VIN rivets.

Rear bumper missing the lower bolt and possible overspray/painted over body plug (normally black).

Missing splash guard on the fuel filler neck.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote