View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 09:36 AM   #7881
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808drft View Post
PS sorry for the huge pics. It how it uploaded to imgur

Im running gktech RLCA brackets with their full rear catalog. With a 1jz making 345whp running cheap 245 ironmans car has solid grip. Even more with falken rt615k and kenda kr20a I ran at last drift event. Car is smooth, predictable and easy to drive.
Looks good man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveff View Post
Anti squat seems to make the cars faster but significantly harder to drive. I?ve heard the RTR cars were using up to 125% anti squat when they were really picking up front wheels off the ground. But they?ve since dialed it back a little to make the cars easier to drive.

Anti squat isn?t the enemy and personally, my car felt faster with standard S13 LCA mounts compared to the 0% anti squat adjustment I made recently.

Car is easier to drive now with 0% anti squat but it?s not as fast as OEM S13 45% anti squat.
How did you calculate your anti-squat at 0%? Factory S13 is like 180%. 120% is about ideal for a really aggressive sportscar, but it varies depending on suspension design.

On the anti-squat note, it seems like Keoni's car is faster once it's really churning out the smoke. This kind of makes sense given the nature of anti-squat, increasing weight transfer to the rear and really hitting the tires hard isn't really good for traction (when it's limited by the tire) during the initial launch or when you're trying to keep the tires from spinning, but once you've transitioned to spinning, it makes sense to have maximum weight transfer in the rear. Maybe you don't have to run so much static toe-in this way?

Clearly it's not the be-all, end-all, as Alec Hohnadell's car is ridiculously fast, and it's got quite a bit of squat. I wouldn't be surprised if it was modified similarly to Odi's with the way it moves, or just has very soft springs. It very clearly works, as he's now the champion of that series.

These are just my observations and things I find interesting about driving style/setups.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote