View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 10:00 AM   #7872
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marphie21 View Post
Yes, the fronts are normal. My initial measurements in the rear were what worried me. Although after jacking up the front left of the car, i noticed the rear right maintain 0 camber as it was loaded up. That meant the rear was gaining negative camber. Because as you jack up one corner, in this case the front left, it causes the car to roll or tip over, while loading up the opposite corner. The fact that the rear right maintained 0 camber while the chassis was rolled over meant that i was actually seeing a negative camber gain.

This was confirmed after the first test, my rear tire wear was showing me just a little bit of too much negative camber.
You do still want negative camber gain on the rear. This helps with side bite in drift and grip in normal cornering as well. You just want less of it than what a normal low s-chassis has, as it becomes a very steep curve. Zero rear toe means you weren't taking advantage of anywhere near the grip you could have with some static toe in.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote