View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 01:36 AM   #3
HoldenK

Trader Rating: (0)
HoldenK is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silv1401 View Post
First off, you need to get over to nico and snag a virtual fsm for your car so you can just look at the wiring schematics. Second, your lights all run through a separate wiring harness. The ECU is an Engine Control Unit, and the wires from that only control powertain-related components. Lights, wipers, horn, blinkers, etc all run through a series of relays, switches, and fuses. So no, ecu is irrelevant for those items to function.

I can't help you with the speedo/tach wiring, however. Although, for the speedo, you can buy a little module to intercept the signal and correct it. essentially it's a little gain knob, so you can turn it up or down to increase/decrease the speed signal so that it's accurate on the dash.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
its a wiring specialties harness they have everything labeled on there website luckily. thank you for explaining it is on a separate harness, thats something I was very confused on.

and I was able to find a module that is able to intercept both speed and tachometer so I should be set
HoldenK is offline   Reply With Quote