View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 12:01 PM   #224
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
After the new turbo, frame rail button up, and dyno: I headed to Spirit Peaks Raceway to shake down the motor! That unfortunately didn?t go well. Let?s just say the car felt so amazing! I feathered the throttle throughout the entire track! It felt so good.... and then on the 7th lap, I let Zach Farrar slide the car.

We were both stoked that the car was running tits, so I let Farrar rip it. Half way through the lap, the motor started misfiring and sounded like a Subaru... we blew the head gasket!

Once we got back into the pits, I noticed the vacuum like for the wastegate popped off! We did a compression test and found 1, 2, and 3 popped. We believe the boost spike caused the motor to lean out and lift the head. I was super bummed and had the car loaded on the trailer by 11:30am.

Cylinder 3 had a cracked spark plug. This is usually caused by detonation.

Shayley giving me the bird.

After soaking over the condition of my motor, I asked Sheila if I could do a few laps in her BRZ. This car actually does very well drifting! With little horse power, all you have to do is take a wide line and maintain a shallow angle. It was also very fast!

One of Sheila?s West Lake tires delaminates... and her rocket bunny kit exploded... sorry Sheila! She?s not worried about it, her car is about to get a refresh!

I got the car back to my home town and there she sat in her natural habitat... blown head gasket and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk