View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 01:41 PM   #7861
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulok View Post
You were right on both points. I actually had 1.5* of caster On one side I couldn?t believe my eyes. I did not notice that the tension rod had unscrewed itself most of the way within minutes of doing some practice drifts due to the wheel rubbing on it. The other side was not great either.

I dialed it back as far as I could to 6*, and added a larger spacer so I?m at -32 effective. And adjusted the coilover lower mount to reduce camber. And installed s13 lower control arms which are about 7mm shorter. So I?m sitting at about -4 front camber.

I have the Gktech v2 lower adapter on the low Ackerman setting.

It feels very good now, it?s easy to control the line and the front end has a lot of bite when I?m aggressive and it?s easy to widen the line and float out.

It feels a lot more like when it was stock just with a ton of angle, and more bite Which is great.

Good to hear!

Okay so these RLCA brackets were interesting. I think it's partly because I have wisefab, and partly just the way this goes, but be prepared to do a lot of fitting and triple checking. Also don't be like me and weld the inside seems without checking clearance first, I had to do quite a bit of grinding to get the heim joint spacers to fit back in .

In order to get the rod end to not be maxed out, I twisted the bracket quite a bit. This helped a ton, and allowed me to not have to hammer the LCA or bolts into place, hah. I did also have to grind down the "seam" on the subframe pretty heavily to allow me to slide the bolt in easily.

Click for articulation video:
https://imgur.com/ICrxKoe

Wisefab with dropped front pickup:

Fitment should be pretty nice, even with these second hand G35 wheels and maybe a few mm spacer.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links