View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 12:55 AM   #5
LtSlayer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
LtSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
start with the basics, test to make sure you maf is reading right. ask me if you need directions on this as i've done it multiple times. after that i would suspect a vacuum leak as well. an easy way to clean the IACV is to spray throttle body cleaner in there as it runs or spray a generous amount and let it sit for a while.

A common problem is boost leaks. If you don't have a boost gauge with a turbocharged car you're living life on hard mode for no reason. monitor your car and look cool at the same time, get one. They'll let you keep an eye on boost as well as tell you when you have a vacuum leak. vacuum should be ballpark 20 psi at idle. if it's below that then you likely have a leak

after that I'd suggest looking into your fpr and fuel pump. for these take off the lower vaccum line from the fpr. if it smells of gasoline, you need a new fpr.

get an inline pressure tester to make sure your fuel pump is good.

check your spark plugs as well becuase they'll tell you whether your car is rich or lean and then you can investigate the problems associated with them.

good luck
LtSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote