View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 11:17 AM   #8
TollieLifted
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
TollieLifted is an unknown quantity at this point
Over the holiday weekend I got a little work done on the ole shitbox.

Harnesses out of the engine bay and began to think through what needs to be extended and such with the tuck.

Removed the blower to get better access to the hole in the firewall and holy shit that was annoying. I am NOT looking forward to getting that back in.

Obligatory, "look at all this change" picture after I pulled the carpet.

Found some rust that needs addressed. Looks like someone tried patching/repairing the floor previously and it is in terrible shape now. However, they ignored the 2 holes that are present. I haven't much experience in body work/repair so this will be a first go at it on this project.

Also, got the rear LCA out and knuckles. Plan is to take care of the surface rust on the knuckles and press in new bushings. Same with the LCAs. Figure I may as well finish the back end before moving to the front so I have added the following to my shopping list:

-Ball joints
-Wheel bearings
-Knuckle bushings
-LCA bushings
-Subframe bushings
-Rear sway bar bushings and links
-Diff bushings too, I guess

Really wishing I still had the ES master bushing kit I bought for my first S13. Lost it somewhere along the way with all my moves since then.

Next up for the rear end of the car is disconnecting the calipers and stripping those and giving them a new finish. Can't have all new arms and then crusty old calipers.
TollieLifted is offline   Reply With Quote