View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 01:38 PM   #8
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
From my knowledge, you swap the entire controller out on the rear diff. At-least in my 04? VW R32 you did. It complete transformed the driving dynamics of the car.
That would seem to be the easiest thing to do, assuming VW and Volvo used the same software on their Haldex units, or they came preprogrammed from Haldex. I'm not sure if VW and Volvo used the same generation of Haldex at the same time however, I'm not much of a VW buff.

I did manage to find a Youtube video where someone swapped out their Haldex unit from an XC90, V8, and they claimed it made a noticeable difference in torque split and power to the rear wheels in turns. Even noting that fish tailing was possible So I may look in to this option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Whoa! Very nice. I'm a massive fan of a cool, slammed wag. Great work so far, Boss.

Volvo used to really have the wagon game down strong for a long time.
The 260RS is definitely the dream wagon (but my money is weak).
The Evo 9 wagon is pretty good too. I wonder how much those will be when US legal.
Ugh, the Evo wagon. . . both of those are dream wagons though!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote