Thread: E85 thread
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 07:04 AM   #425
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyral View Post
you've sold me, ill be making the switch from gasoline to e85 for my parts cleaning bucket
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyral View Post
you've sold me, ill be making the switch from gasoline to e85 for my parts cleaning bucket
Hope u jest
You don't want to touch gasoline.

Alcohol is fine, if its just Ethanol. You don't want to touch Methanol.
The trouble is getting a pure alcohol without any methanol in it.
Methanol turns to formaldehyde when it comes into contact with alcohol dehydrogenase, a common enzyme. So beware any hand sanitizer that contains methanol, it is not safe to touch.

We get 100% Ethanol in our lab, very expensive.

I use the pure stuff for tissue dehydration, wax embedding, and denatured versions for sanitation/sterilizing when diluted to 70% with water.
Being so familiar with these and other dangerous liquids is why I stress their properties, to people who probably rarely see them in their full strength.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote