View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 04:43 PM   #1
Loli_Driver

Trader Rating: (0)
Loli_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Post SR20 Mystery Tune For Nonexistent Parts/New User "Build"

I finally decided to make an account after lurking for 2 years, so please bear with me being new to the forum and also a fairly new SR/240SX owner

I have owned my Redtop SR 240 for about 2 years now. I recently replaced my fuel injectors because one went bad and caused a misfire, this is where my problems get exponential. I bought the car from some guy who was giving up on his project to fund another one of his projects. Long story short the car has a decent amount of mods. I'll list the mods from the original craigslist post, and also my own additions.

Engine Specs:
S-13 Sr20det red top engine
*Turned crank, polished, balanced
*King race bearings (tri layer) main, crank, thrust
*NPR piston rings (nippon)
*TOMEI 264 Pon cams
*ARP head bolts
*APEXi head MLS head gasket
*PHASE2 upgraded oil pump
*FRsport rocker arms, timing chain kit, including tensioner and guides
*JWT gt2871r turbo
*ISR Braided turbo lines
*Mishimoto radiator
*Godspeed intercooler pipes with Spearco intercooler
*HPS silicone radiator hoses
*HKS ssqv blow off valve
*GReddy rocker arm stoppers
*NST aluminium pulleys
*Circuit Sports aluminium overflow tank
*Megan turbo manifold
*Megan turbo elbow
*Megan down pipe and full exhaust system

Drivetrain:
*ACT super street/strip clutch
*TEIN coilovers type II he coilovers with adjustable camber plates and pillow ball mount
*TEIN inner tie rods
*kazama Tension rods
*Energy suspension bushings throughout the enitre rear end, and sway bars
*JDM VLSD rear end with fresh fluid (works awesome)
*JDM 6 bolt axles
*New wheel bearings up front
*300ZX big brake upgrade kit 28mm iron in the front (rebuilt)
*Brembo slotted rotors up front with stainless steel brake lines

Wheels/Interior add ons:

*RHDjapan torque dampener
*AC autotechnic oil pressure gauge
*4 Color faze led boost gauge
*AEM UEGO wideband

So now my problem. The ecu for my car has a sticker on it that says emance, some of you are probably familiar with that. This sticker had written on it 4 things SR/6+2340/555cc/N62. I know that that 555cc should be for the injectors size, and N62 is a z32 MAF sensor, idk what 6+2340 is tho. This is where the confusion starts, because I still have the stock MAF sensor, not a z32 N62. Now with this information, I decided on stupid intuition to buy a set of Tomei 555cc injectors to replace mine. And today I finally got around to replacing them. Everything went fine, but now my car runs extremely rich ~10.7. Before it was running a little lean anywhere between 13.7 all the way to the 16s not(for what I could tell) dependent on load. Because of this change in AFR I am led to believe that it was running stock injectors this entire time, which I should've figured out on my own based on the color, but I had "broken car upgrade brain" nonetheless.

This is probably a simple solution, I just don't have the money right now to buy a N62 MAF and test that out, or to do a retune, so I wanted your guys input. Ill put some pictures of my "Build." Any questions are appreciated, thanks for looking at my noob thread.

https://imgur.com/a/8N7X1Dt here is an imgur album because the pics were way too big to be embedded

Last edited by Loli_Driver; 10-11-2020 at 02:55 PM..
Loli_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links