View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 12:54 PM   #18
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by sve7nsk View Post
I've been able to find a couple on ebay, they're pretty expensive (~600 after taxes) but if I was keeping the car it would be worth it. Sadly, I'm going to have to get rid of it. I don't know what I was thinking getting this car without having a reliable DD, plus I'm just not ready financially for this thing The fuel pump I just installed failed, which was probably my fault, maybe I didn't do something right, I don't know. I'm getting it fixed so it'll run then selling it

Edit: It ran fine for about 2 days after I installed the new pump then just wouldn't start and the fuel pump didn't hum before cranking the engine. It was a TI Automotive/Walbro GSS342
If you want to sell it, maybe you should do so as-is, or if you think you'll get enough return, take it to a reputable shop.

Worth more with unknown fuel problems you don't talk about in depth, than with too much info on every rabbit hole you went down.

No offense, but this thread makes me think you don't have the mechanical experience to do this in a cost-effective way, unless you think your time's worth nothing. You could spend hundreds of hours and make the car worth less, through no personal failing but lack of experience.

Last edited by mechanicalmoron; 09-21-2020 at 02:24 PM..
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote