View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 08:13 AM   #552
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Got the engine back from the machine shop last week. A couple of minor things up with the block, but nothing that should really affect performance at the power levels I'm looking to make. I need to take some pictures when I get to work on it today. Line hone has a nice scrape in it though, luckily it's a low spot and shouldn't affect bearing clearances when it's assembled.

Also discovered that a few of my head and main studs were stretched, probably because the previous engine builder had zero idea what he was doing. The headstuds were the old 8470 VW kit. While some stretch is okay on an ARP stud, I've decided to replace them with Mazworx studs due to the superior design and ARP2000 material. Even after the hot tank I had to rifle brush and blow out the main and head stud holes to get the ARP moly lube out of them :rollseyes:

Ordered a cleaning tap for the head stud/main stud holes and some other odds and ends, but I'll be chasing every hole in the block. This thing will be put together correctly!

Crossmember from THL supposedly shipped out today. I guess it's going to be four or more weeks until the fender braces are done. Still waiting on the turbo as well for some reason. This project has definitely stretched well beyond the original scope and timeline. I need to go drive!

I've been trying to get this Evo X wiring project done so I can concentrate on my car more, here's some shots.

Lots of tidying up to do in here. Don't ask me why he has the fuel tank in the passenger seat, IDK.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote